Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Why write this blog?

I want to help people.

I can't help it, I'm altruistic. I just want to help people with no expectation of compensation. I do have to eat, and I make money managing other people's money, so if you want me to help you hands on, I can, but that's not the purpose of this blog.

The purpose is to help people make smart decisions about their money. Whether it's selecting a good investment, or general ideas about retirement accounts, I expect to give timely and timeless recommendations. My qualifications? I have worked for 6 years as a financial planner and investment advisor, for both small and large companies (like Ameriprise and Merrill Lynch.) I've made and lost money in the markets. I'm working on my MBA, CFA, and CFP. I expect to have all of them within the next several years.

We are at an exciting point in the financial markets. There has been a small collapse in investment prices, and a small rally indicating a bottom. They say investing should be like watching grass grow, but I can't help being excited. This means we may see markets increase 30 to 50 percent in the next few years.

Look soon for blog posts that will discuss both the general nuts and bolts of investing as well as specific recommendations and ideas.

Aaron Hall

No comments: